Visa for IT Specialists: A Checklist for German Employers
The visa for IT specialists enables German companies to hire tech talent with demonstrated professional experience that don't have academic backgrounds or formal vocational training. This checklist provides a high-level overview of the visa application process from beginning to end. It is intended for German employers.
More info on the visa for IT specialists:
In order to qualify for this visa, applicants must:
- Have a job offer in the IT sector in Germany.
- Provide proof of at least three years of experience in the IT sector over the last seven years. Their professional experience must adequately qualify them for the job in question.
- Provide proof of the relevant theoretical knowledge required for the job in question through training courses and exams.
- Have a job offer with a gross annual salary of at least EUR 50,760 (in 2022).
- Have a knowledge of German (B1); exceptions can be made.
- Get approval from the Federal Employment Agency (BA). It must be demonstrated that there are no preferential (nationals of EU member states or the EEA States) workers available for the job. The conditions of employment must be comparable with those of domestic employees.
For more information about German work visas and permits, check out this article.